Barbados TravelAdvisor

Nothing but the facts on Barbados Travel
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Welcome
Welcome to Barbados TravelAdvisor!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, !

Post subject: Juma's Replaces Mango's By The Bay
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:12 am 

Post subject: Re: Juma's Replaces Mango's By The Bay
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:17 am 

Thanks Frank will give it a try in February, convenient for us as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:16 am 

Has anyone tried this yet? Lots of strange comments and deleted comments on TripAdvisor about this place. I'm almost afraid to try it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:37 am 

Hi Bill, did not try it on this trip but a couple from our hotel did and they said it was ok but over priced.
I dont think the bad publicity it gained on TA would have done the place any favours, shame really as there is usually two sides to every story.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:44 am 

PLEASE PLEASE do NOT go to this restaurant, it is run by people who have absconded from the UK using money conned out of hundreds of young aspiring musicians with promises of recordings and fame. These people charged between £5000 and £8000 per band and took the lot giving nothing in return.

One of the stories is from the father of a young musician whose band paid over £8000 to Mark Daghorn and his wife . His son's share was £2000 inherited from his grandma. Daghorn took the lot and the band got nothing. One guy who has been affected is Bajan ot half Bajan. He cannot afford to return to Barbados because of Mark Daghorn.

The Daghorns are saying that they have bought Lamberts Plantation and done it up to use it as a wedding venue, Sunday brunch restaurant etc etc. They do not own it, they lease it and the Realter who arranged the lease says that they are delinquent in paying their rent.

I met the Daghorns when they opened Jumas in Holetown, and I immediately thought he was "wrong" . They disappeared after two weeks and I posted on TA when they opened at Mango By the Sea. They said the property owner on 1st Street had "forced" them out, and knowing her, I was not THAT surprised. I then was told that the bailiffs were looking for them around 1st Street by a friend who was questioned by them at the time.

Unfortunately I have encountered people like the Daghorns in the past here in Barbados. One lot ( who I knew well from the UK ) also opened a recording studio here and conned people with lies and deceipt. They were forced back to the UK in the end as they were so in debt here, but it was the same scenario. They told everyone they had bought a Plantation House etc etc when they actually were living in a small rented house opposite my friend's house.

Another conman ( pretending to be a European Prince ) tried to involve me in a scam on Turf Club Members .

Sounds far fetched I know, but things like this happen all the time. Dishonest people come here, unable to stay in their own country because of the "heat" , reinvent themselves and live a whole new life here--------------some quite prominant lives.

I won't bore you anymore but will post a link to an open plea to the people of Barbados. Oh and I am awaiting proof myself from Realters that still show Lamberts Plantation on their "for Sale" listings.

Sorry this is long, but there is no Extradition Order between the UK and Barbados, and the word should be spread about these people who have caused such suffering in their wake.

Here is the link http://pastebin.com/Fk59vf1V

I have been in correspondance with several of the people involved and the stories of their involvment with the Daghorns are all similar and all so sad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:52 am 

ps I have just this minute received confirmation from MGM Realty that Lambert's Plantation is STILL FOR SALE !---------------Says it all really .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:26 pm 

Turf, do you have another link to that story? This one doesn't seem to work....thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:52 am 

Have you tried cutting and pasting the link ? Here is one to the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MarkDaghornInfo

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:49 pm 

The word is that Daghorn's have been evicted from Lambert's plantation as of last week. the landlord cut his loses
and no longer has anytjhing to do with this sleezy character.
from what is out he is also alianating the whole of speightstown.. no one really frequents his establishment
certainly not the locals.
he now lives upstairs above the restaurant
what can be seen now is that he is bad news

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:06 pm 

Oh thanks so much for that ! I have now returned to the UK for a few weeks but I was at Bo's Place a couple of weeks ago and apparently she shares the same landlord as Jumas. She told me that everything she does is copied by the Daghorns, and that they are not doing well thank goodness. I have to say, it breaks my heart when I read a good review about their restaurant,, but then I have no doubt that she can cook, it's just that they are plain dishonest.

The Daghorns sent me an email protesting their innocence, but the evidence against them is overwhelming. If only the Uk had extradition powers in Barbados they would have been transported and hopefully locked up ages ago.

I am a great believer that what goes around, comes around. Lets hope it's sooner than later.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:21 pm 

Seems strange to me that Jumas is getting such good reviews on TA and yet one first time poster wants to bring them down. The reviews on TA are not from one off posters but established reviewers.
It just makes me wonder why they are still in business if all these allegations are true.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:57 pm 

From my understanding Casareep, now Bo's place and Mangos the now Juma's had the same landlord makes you wonder why they left.
Copy is the best form of complimentm however everyone in town seems to be doing different things or closed at different times. With the excption of Juma's he seems to be trying to copy everyone on the stretch
his multiple signs show great evening dining with lobster thermidor evening & pulled pork or cheese subs for ten dollars during lunch eat in or take away. does not say much about evening but a trying to compete with Shipwreck acrosse the street below the museum who caters to a buisness and value oriented client base.
Jumas is grasping at straws and they are all short ones

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:54 am 

Sue. There is no doubt this woman can cook, and as many visitors do not even know that TA exists, there is no reason for them to know the owner's background or history. However, for those that do, it's moral issue. They are dishonest and living in Barbados off the back of people whose lives they have ruined.

I wonder if anyone booked their wedding at Lamberts Plantation----------as the poster on TA nearly did ! If so, they will have undoubtedly lost any deposit paid. I knew for a fact that they never owned it and were about to be evicted for none payment of rent, despite their continued lies about owning the property. They were renting "with a view to buy"

The locals know all about them, and so do the local Police. As I say, what goes around, comes around, and many of us hope that day will be soon.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:13 am 

If the allegations are true then why have they not been charged ?
It does not say much for the lawmen of Barbados.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:36 am 

Because they obtained their money by deception in the UK . They did a moonlight to Barbados before the s*** hit the fan, and there is no extradition order between the UK and Barbados as I already said. They need to break the law in BIM to be arrested there, but it's all a matter of time. A Leopard does not change it's spots.