Barbados TravelAdvisor

Nothing but the facts on Barbados Travel
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Welcome
Welcome to Barbados TravelAdvisor!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, !

Post subject: Mullins Restaurant Changing Hands
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:39 pm 

If you visited Mullins Beach recently you may have noticed that the restaurant is closed and the place is being gutted. Apparently, the previous lessee is out and a new one is coming - reportedly Rory (or whatever his name) who previously ran Lone Star.

Post subject: Re: Mullins Restaurant Changing Hands
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:35 am 

Oohh interesting, thanks for the update, I knew they were refurbishing but didn't know it was changing hands. Safe hands though, he was always good at Lonestar. Just hope that keeps it high standards too.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:04 pm 

I heard today that it's going back to being a PROPER beach bar serving fish cutters and affordable Banks , as it was in the old days . I hope that's true.

When it was the Monkey Bar, we often used to arrive on a boat and sit in there and watch the world go by --------------it was lovely.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:06 pm 

Sunday afternoon jazz with cocktails when it was Mannies Suga Suga, happy days!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:18 am 

Some years ago, I met Rory Rodger, who was the Managing Director of Lone Star. We drank scotch one evening at the home of a mutual friend and I found him to be a really nice person.

If he has taken over the Mullins Beach Restaurant and Bar, as stated here, I would think we are all in for a real treat. He is a serious food and beverage operator and knows the area and market quite well.

I would hope they continue the web cam, as we all have really enjoyed it over the years. By the way, the stuck web cam pic of the guy walking up the beach, will go down in history, because I would assume that may the last view from that particular camera.

I tried snapping a pic, but it wouldn’t work. It would have been a nice addition to my RWM web cam folder!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:32 am 

I thought this might interest you Jerry :D

Rory Rodger and Jason Hyndman, formerly the driving force and operators for over a decade at The Lone Star Restaurant, have taken over the Mulliins Restaurant & Beach Bar.

With a nod to its original reputation as Barbados' premier west coast beach bar, the new Mullins Beach Bar will be far less formal and will take on a true beach bar ambiance, equipped with 60" flat screen TVs for watching sports. The all-day dining menu will be available from 10am until 7:30pm each day, with breakfast items, salads, wraps, sandwiches, burgers, West Indian dishes, grilled shrimp, chicken, fish and steak. There will be daily blackboard specials and themed evenings.

The anticipated opening date is the first week of July. For updates on the progress and opening of the new Mullins Beach Bar, follow us on FaceBook.

Hours: From 10am daily, last orders at 7:30pm

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:54 am 

That is brilliant news! It should do really well as a beach/sports bar with an informal atmosphere.
I will be there early July so I shall have a drive up there, test it out, take some photos and report back. :D
I can't seem to find them on Facebook ?

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:42 pm 

Thanks Sue, it will be great to try that once it reopens. As I said before I hope the Lonestar still remains a good spot. Jason is very on the ball there with service, he will be a hard act to follow actually hands on in the restaurant.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:34 am 

I heard that they are in the process of going live with their web site and Facebook. Check BarbadosBarbados.com Facebook where I think Sue above found some information. From the buzz it appears that Rory and Jason are turning back the clock to the days of Bamboo Beach Bar and the original Mullins Beach Bar; we can only hope! There are already too many fine dining clones in Barbados and the prices are ridiculous. Great news.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:52 am 

Hi El Supremo, I got the information from the following :-

www.barbadosbarbados.com/dining.cfm

Sounds like it will be a good place to visit when it's up and running.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:07 am 

I heard a rumor that the chef from Mullins will be moving to the restaurant that will open at Port Ferdinand.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:11 am 

Sue, that's a real good link for restaurants in BIM...thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:47 am 

Hi All,

Can see from a post on Facebook they are up and running now bar and food...anyone been and if so...any reports? Menu looks more beach bar style - yum - pics posted so far don't look much different from before (which I loved)...it says they serve food until 7pm and bar is open until its time for last man to leave...sounds perfect! ......Bigbum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:00 am 

I saw that on Face Book, the menu does look good, will definitely give it a try next time we are on the island. :D