Barbados TravelAdvisor

Nothing but the facts on Barbados Travel
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Welcome
Welcome to Barbados TravelAdvisor!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, !

Post subject: Sea Risk Apartments?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:19 am 

I like the look of this one, simple, bright and airy, and right on the beach in Fitts Village...
For a May/June getaway, the upper apartment in particular looks inviting.
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p824375
What's the area like-- busy/quieter, upscale/local? And how is the beach and swimming?

Does anyone have anything helpful to add about this one?

Thanks!

enjoy life. :cool: (it's better than the alternative!)

Post subject: Re: Sea Risk Apartments?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:18 am 

Hi NJ
I know exactly where this house is. It is just a few houses away from where I am booked for next month. I personally love Fitts Village because it is not very touristy but you are just a short drive from Holetown or Bridgetown.
The beach is beautiful, you can walk quite a far distance both ways. The sea there does have quite a bit of coral underfoot but there are areas where you can walk in quite easily with sand underfoot. One being directly outside this house!
There is only one hotel on this stretch of beach - Crystal Cove. One restaurant and bar - Il Tempio and you also you have a large Jordans supermarket very close.
Also take a look at this little place where I am staying on the beach in Fitts. his will be my third stay here and I just love it! :D
http://relaxingretreats.co.uk/photosBib ... hHouse.htm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:36 pm 

Babiface: yes, I have Bibian's on my short list too! I 'discovered' that place the last time I was planning a trip, and it does indeed look nice.

I can see what you mean about the coral and the few sandy 'pathways' to get out in the water... From looking on Google Earth, there does indeed look to be a keyhole right in front of Sea Risk. But as long as there isn't a long distance to walk just to go swimming, we don't mind... Walking the beach would be an enjoyable part of our stay anyway! Can you still walk the beach past Crystal Cove? (Reading about the disappearing beaches elsewhere has me a little concerned, like staying up near Mullins...)

Back next month... oooo I am jealous. :mrgreen: Your description and enthusiasm makes the area sound great!

(There was another place on my initial list called Alverton Cottage, a bit further south, but crossed it off for some reason I don't recall.)

Thanks for the feedback! :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:07 pm 

Yes, you can walk up past Crystal Cove hotel along the beach right along to the Cliff restaurant beach but only at low tide. This is a beautiful short walk. Walking in the other direction the beach is alot wider.
If you take a look back at the beach pics at Bibians that I posted previously you will see Sea Risk in the distance.
Alverton cottage is indeed a little further south on Fitts Beach but I dont really like the look of it at all from the beach .. it has a rather tall iron fencing and gate all around it. It is directly opposite Jordans supermaket on the roadside so is a little busier up there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:46 am 

Thanks again! Bibian's is certainly a leading candidate now! The images you posted two Aprils ago were no longer attached to the posts, but fortunately I had saved copies of them to a local folder. I can see where Sea Risk is, just south of Bibian's house. I also reread your info in those older posts, and I can see why you are again returning to stay there. Wow. It may be tough to choose between the two... But one thing going for Bibian's is a very strong recommendation!

I am thinking that if we stay for half the time on the south coast, Marisol apartments (Unit S in particular) seems to be a nice choice. We'll see...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:56 am 

Aha! I also stayed at Maresol Apartments this summer.
I stayed in 'N' Nicholas Abbey. I was gobsmacked when I first arrived there because the apartment was much much larger than I imagined. Every room is enormous and it is a lovely apartment set on the ground floor with nice views of the gardens and a lovely shady patio.
I enjoyed my stay there and would definitely stay there again.
A few of the other members on here were in Barbados at the same time as me and they came to have a look at it, so they can also vouch for how nice it is.
Maresol Apartments are very popular and can get booked very quickly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:05 pm 

well now there's another glitch in the matrix...
it's a phrase I am familiar with but rarely see used in the states... I just finished reading an article in the local Philly newspaper where someone said they were gobsmacked, and lo and behold I see it written here less than 10 minutes later! :lol:
now I have to find a reason to use it in conversation in the next few days! :wink:

oh, and thanks for the positive comments about Marisol. Yes, they are already filling up for May/June!