Barbados TravelAdvisor

Nothing but the facts on Barbados Travel
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Welcome
Welcome to Barbados TravelAdvisor!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, !

Post subject: Re: Lonestar update
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:16 pm 

Haha no pies Sue :lol: We just had dinner there tonight and it was very good. Again great service and they made me a special vegetarian tagliatelle for my food intolerances. The chocolate souffle is to die for...really yummy. I just don't get how people can be complaining about the service in TA reviews. The manager is a really lovely guy. Came and had a chat with us both visits. A tip if you go as a couple they have a round table ocean front where the beach entrance is and you get an uninterupted sea view and both sit facing the sea.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:44 am 

Good to hear the Lonestar is as good as ever!
Friends of mine have loved the Lone Star for years and were really looking forward to going there again. They dined there just the week after it reopened and they were not disappointed. They said it was better than ever.
Was interesting to hear that they didn't rate Cin Cin too highly though!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:20 pm 

I am sorry but we we were not impressed by the new Lone Star, the welcome left a lot to be desired and the food was mediocre. Local food it is not. They would do much better to have local fish on the menu, Barracuda was off but they did have Dover Sole!!

Don't think we will visit again for a while.

We loved the old Lone Star, it had style.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:24 pm 

Bertha, I agree...I found the service very disorganized and, while the food was well prepared, it was a strange menu with two different Maine lobster dishes, NY steaks and Boston Crab stuffed local fish. Wait, isn't this restaurant in the Caribbean? I didn't see much Caribbean influence.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:18 am 

I never used to think the old Lonestar was particularly local food, it was always a very similar menu to what it is now, they have only tweaked it, lots of the same dishes remain such as curry, duck etc. You are maybe better off somewhere like the Fishpot if you want a fish based menu or more typically caribbean food. I must say that is what I like about Barbados that there are restaurants that are more international in flavour as well as those that favour local dishes. All I can go on is our experience and the service was great, maybe the island is busier now and that has made a difference....not sure, but we will definitely be back in May.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:13 am 

I have to agree Em, I never thought that Lone Star served local style food, sheoherd's pie was supposed to be one of their most popular dishes. Like you I like the choice of international food that is available in Barbados. Ju ju's is somewhere I would choose for fresh fish or Brown Sugar for the local food. We will certainly give Lone Star a try on our next trip.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:20 pm 

I went back to LS this last visit and it seems to have all of the kinks worked out...we had a very enjoyable dinner there with friends. I will definitely be back.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:25 am 

Glad you enjoyed LS Bill, will definitely try it again on our next trip. :D