Barbados TravelAdvisor

Nothing but the facts on Barbados Travel
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Welcome
Welcome to Barbados TravelAdvisor!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: 11 Year Old Granddaughter On Network TV Cooking Show
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:05 pm 

Happy New Year everyone. I hope all our members have the best year ever.

I emailed Sue in Wigan, UK about my 11-year-old granddaughter Emily appearing as a cooking contestant on a network TV show called “Chopped Junior”, which is on The Food Network here in the US. I wanted to share it here as well.

She was selected through a national process and the show was taped in New York City back in the summer of last year. She was 10 at the time.

There were a total of 4 contestants and the youngest group ever to appear on “Chopped Junior” an outgrowth of the very popular show “Chopped” on The Food Network.

The format; there are 4 contestants and 3 judges (the judges are recognized people in the food industry and 1 celeb). The dishes the contestants have to prepare come from a basket of mystery ingredients, there is time limit and each contestant has to describe their dish to the judges.

The show appeared on January 5th and unfortunately Emily was chopped in the second round, when she failed to season and sear her steak properly (her specialty is Italian dishes).

Another girl from a county west of Richmond, Claire Hollingsworth won the $10.000.00 prize and well deserved, as she did an incredible job with her creativity and presentation. She and Emily have become the best of friends.

In fact, when Emily finished her entrée early during the second round, she went over and helped Claire sauce her dish, as she was running out of the allowed time. The moderator gave her kudos for the gesture and Claire thanked her.

As part of her interest in cooking, when she was about 2, my wife created a mock-up kitchen in our home, where they would use play dough to create dishes.

Of course, it’s been her mother and father that have been the driving force behind her love of cooking.

Emily has become a rock star in Richmond with many print stories and local TV coverage. We attended a cooking demonstration that she and Clair conducted at a local fresh food market here in Richmond on last Saturday. Parents were lined up with their children to have pictures taken with both of them.

I've enclosed below a link to one of her stories. The other link is to the incredible fresh food market where they conducted their cooking demo. If you scroll down somewhat on their site, you will see a strip of pics. Emily and Clair are pictured on the far left of that strip.

A proud grandfather for sure!

http://www.henricocitizen.com/news/arti ... ovn3U-CPVk

http://ellwoodthompsons.com/#prettyPhoto

Post subject: Re: 11 Year Old Granddaughter On Network TV Cooking Show
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:04 pm 

Thats lovely Jerry ,I can imagine how proud you are , Its always good to see our grandchildren achieving their goals .

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:29 pm 

Would you know the episode number or approximate date so I can go and check it out?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:34 pm 

Hi bgifan-The ephisode was called "Cuteness Overload" and it aired here in the US on January 5th-The Food Network.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:13 am 

I know how proud you are of Emily and rightly so - what a star!