Barbados TravelAdvisor

Nothing but the facts on Barbados Travel
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Welcome
Welcome to Barbados TravelAdvisor!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Anyone familiar with the location of Coconut Court hotel?
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:50 am 

Hi all,

Hoping to visit Barbados for 3 days next week.

I thinking of staying at Coconut Court Hotel, the location is given as the Hastings - Garrison historical area.

Can anyone advise whether this hotel is on or near the boardwalk? Also is it possible to walk along the beach from Coconut Court to Brownes beach? I believe Brownes beach is opposite the Government buildings on Bay Street.

In general I'd welcome any opinions on the Hastings area. I seem to remember that Hastings has a very busy highway - especially on evenings. My secondary option is Almond Beach - Cassaurina, off the main road but this is some distance away.

Tia

Post subject: Re: Anyone familiar with the location of Coconut Court hotel
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:42 am 

You can connect to the boardwalk from the beach at Coconut Court which some feel is just an extension of the boardwalk, I have walked from Rockley end of the boardwalk to CC in 1/2 hour. Apparently you can walk the beach to Bridgetown but have to cut through the Hilton to get to the beach on the other side.

There are several restaurants within easy walking distance to CC, Mama Mia's just across the street is very good. The road is busy but quite easy to navigate.

The beach at CC is very good with a protective reef (manmade) to temper the waves.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:25 pm 

bgifan wrote:
You can connect to the boardwalk from the beach at Coconut Court which some feel is just an extension of the boardwalk, I have walked from Rockley end of the boardwalk to CC in 1/2 hour. Apparently you can walk the beach to Bridgetown but have to cut through the Hilton to get to the beach on the other side.

There are several restaurants within easy walking distance to CC, Mama Mia's just across the street is very good. The road is busy but quite easy to navigate.

The beach at CC is very good with a protective reef (manmade) to temper the waves.

Thanks for the advice bgifan.

Still haven't made up my mind yet - guess I'd better do so pronto :D

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:44 pm 

It probably won't help you much pb3 :D but for what it's worth I really like that area now in Hastings with the board walk and some great restaurants, Tapas is a firm favourite with me. It seems to have come on leaps and bounds over the last few years. I know where Coconut court is but I'm not familiar with the hotel itself having never been inside. I quite fancy a stay in that area though on a future trip but probably renting an apartment. For me Carlisle Bay is a favourite beach too, always pretty calm and the clearest water. Have fun wherever you decide :D

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:52 pm 

I would give an opinion as asked but I am not allowed...

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:23 pm 

I am at Coconut Court right now. It is by no means a 5* hotel but I was very pleasantly surprised by it. Do not be deceived by the road side exterior - the rooms are simply furnished but everything works well, friendly staff etc etc. The beach is great. So is the location. In my view, it is excellent value for money and it is locally and independently owned.
I can concur with bgifan. It is a five minute max stroll to the Boardwalk along the beach to the south. You can walk north as far as Needham's point by the Hilton but you have to go onto the road to get onto Carlisle Bay to continue the beach walk towards Bridgetown.

It is on H7 but this has not proved to be an issue.

Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:47 am 

Have a swim at Carlisle and eat some Tapas for me Hils :mrgreen: :D :cry: :cry: :cry:
I don't need to say have a nice time :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:57 am 

Highscores: 2
Enjoy your visit!!
Haven't stayed at Coconut Court, but have stayed very close by, and loved it.
We did however, visit the beach area, had a relax, and a beer or two, on the beach.....very pretty with lots of palm trees.
It is actually in a great location...close to the boardwalk, and, in the other direction, a beautiful beach walk to the Hilton or Carlisle Bay.
My sister and I, have decided last minute to visit Barbados, the beginning of June for a week.....Yeah!! We will be staying just a little down the beach from the CC hotel, just before the boardwalk.....can hardly wait.
I don't think you would be sorry if you visit CC!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:27 pm 

pb3, if I'm allowed to say.. I used to work at Coconut Court.. It certainly isn't a 5start hotel as said but it is very convenient to where you want to be. If you are wanting to go there to see the historical aspect of the Garrison area, you are in the right hotel for that.

and very close either walking or by bus to many other restaurants and attractions.

Enjoy.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:28 am 

We enjoyed Coconut Court very much and would not hesitate to reccomend it!I second the motion on eating at Tapas too, delicious ! Have a great time.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:07 am 

Thanks to everyone who replied - @johnthed0g - your reply is somewhat cryptic :?

As it happened my trip did not work out - you win some you lose some....

Still I do have a another trip (booked some months ago) at the end of this month but this time around I'll be staying at relatives.

I will bear Coconut Court in mind for the future - it holds its own strongly on Tripadvisor and Expedia. Nice to see similar opinion here.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:41 am 

Highscores: 2
pb3, Sorry that your trip to Barbados didn't work out.....hopefully you can manage one in the not too distant future.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:40 am 

At least you have your research done for another trip :D Enjoy your trip soon 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:18 am 

Cryptic..not really. If anyone gives an opinion that others don't agree with they accuse the poster of being rude or trying to be controversial, I like to try to help people if I can but some don't like it. I can have an opinion on virtually any hotel on the island without having stayed there, I have visited most of them, know what type of place they are & what sort of location they are in, I like to think I have an unbiased opinion on most places, certainly more independent than people who always stay at the same place & seem to have shares in it. Of course I can't say what the rooms are like or the quality of food or service but I can give a guide to someone who has no idea.
This post is merely answering the poster's question it does not require any answer.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:40 am 

Highscores: 1
johnthed0g wrote:
I would give an opinion as asked but I am not allowed...

And there was me thinking this was a forum for grown ups not petulant children. That is just the sort of remark made to incite a negative response, well here it is:

In my opinion JTD you are a very sad, despicable little man who seems to move from forum to forum being thrown off them for upsetting the majority of the membership, quite what your motive is, I have no idea, I can only assume it is done for self gratification. You take every opportunity to start arguments and then stand back and say "poor me, I am stalked, attacked by trolls and pilloried for everything I say". Well I say bullsh#t, you reap what you sow and you deserve every bit of the abuse you get.

I know this post will probably get me thrown of this forum but, If that's what it takes for me to get my opinion of you into the open, rather than pussy-footing around, so be it.

I can't say it has been a pleasure knowing you but to everyone else on this forum, thanks for the information, the conversation, friendship and good banter, hopefully we can keep it going on other sites.